Saturday, January 10, 2009

Keep Busy--it is the cure to evil anorexic thoughts

Being busy helping others, going to work, educating myself is the only way to keep my mind from going where it shouldn't. In my free time, I misbehave. I dwell too much on the fat that needs to disappear. By keeping busy, I can keep myself from becoming any sicker. I'm not in bad shape at all now, I'm consistent in my weight--I keep it within an eight pound range usually. It is underweight but not emaciated. I don't menstruate, but I've had a couple periods in the past three years. That means something is working right. Not much lanugo, keep fairly warm, feel faint sometimes but don't pass out cold, some pain and stiffness and heart palpatations, but it is by no means debilitating like it used to be. My anoerxia is basically a low grade fever at this point--the crisis has passed.
Downside? No free time, really. I'm exhausted.

No comments: